PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737MAX Stab Trim architecture
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 17:24
Lonewolf_50

Received 394 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
If this accident turns out to be as people suspect right now will probably do more damage to the AI argument then good. If designers can't fix the GIGO problem computers have pilots will be here forever.
They all need someone to blame when the GIGO offers up a lot of G.

@gums: salute!
I'll be sparse on comments as my core competency in pilot training, and in training systems for new models and new mods, is hampered by not knowing this system, and thus grasping the differences, well enough. I have discovered from those in the industry that training is viewed somewhat differently within the industry, and within each company, and within each corporate culture. Things that I had assumed are 'true' generically for pilot training, and crew training, may not be.

If you the pilot don't know what it(the bird) can and will do, what do you as a pilot do when it's doing that thing you don't know about?
(The test pilots I have worked with usually answer that with "get it back on the ground and don't go outside of known parameters on the way back" as often as not. )
Addressing that hole in the cheese is what draws me to the technical discussion.