PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hours opportunities in the UAE/Gulf
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2018, 05:29
lpfflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low hours opportunities in the UAE/Gulf

Good morning all, I'm looking for a little advice from those working in the region. I recently started modular pilot training with a view to a career change. I got as far as the PPL before we ended up moving to Dubai a few months ago with my wife's job. With a good income, a young son very happy here and another on the way, we're considering staying for the medium term at least. My question is whether there are any potential opportunities for low hours, modular-trained cadets in the UAE or Gulf more widely. In other words, do I push on with the training and hope for that all important first job out here. If that is unrealistic, I'll press pause, focus on filling the coffers for a couple of years and accept we'll need to return to the UK if I want to pursue this seriously.

I'm aware Flydubai have a sort of cadet scheme through CAE but the age limit is 30 and sadly I've just missed that deadline! I've also seen the AirArabia MPL but that is, apart from the other issues it seems to have, far too expensive. So basically, will networking get me anywhere here or am I just in the wrong place for my circumstances?

Any advice gratefully received, if any of you can see this from the UAE!