PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CALIFORNIA FIRES
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 16:37
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Crab old chap. Public Use Aircraft. 14 CFR Not applicable -

Not saying that they don't but technically "Civil" Rules don't apply. Pilot licence not required, no airworthiness oversight, etc etc. technically.

You can quote whatever you like but in this case they can choose to ignore it. Again, I am not saying that they do.

As for "pre-landing" checks and 150' calls - well for one you would be constantly in the phase between doing the checks and landing all day long and as for 150' you would need to be above 150' first. What would be the most important
check? GEAR DOWN? I doubt that they even raise it. The advisories would drive you nuts.

I am sure you would adapt after the 50th landing for the day and about 9-10 hours in the seat! Otherwise you would be hoarse from the constant patter and how would you perform the same the next 10 hour day?

Before quoting FTDT - note as I said 14 CFR Not applicable.

As to the fuel comments we dont know what reserve policy they use and as there are probably about 10 places within 10 minutes of where they were to refuel it could actually be very skinny!

I'm with SAS and FED on this one. There are several ways to skin a cat - some just work out better.