PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Avmed – In my opinion, a biased, intellectually dishonest regulator
Old 21st Nov 2018, 23:42
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sunfish
HL, expanded voluminously previously. AOPA USA has an affiliated PAC that keeps the FAA honest. We don’t.
OK I wanted to understand who you thought was the watchdog and who had been slipped the bait. I even had to do my own research and spend 10 seconds Googling what a PAC is. Now I am slightly better informed:
AOPA Political Action Committee

AOPA PAC is an integral part of AOPA's efforts to promote the legislative and political interests of all aircraft owners and pilots. AOPA PAC is an independent fund of voluntary, personal contributions. The fund is strictly regulated by the Federal Election Commission and is used by political candidates to defray campaign costs. AOPA PAC is a completely non-partisan entity. Its primary goal is to elect a pro-general aviation majority in Congress.Under federal law, AOPA is prohibited from giving dues money to candidates for federal office. Therefore, AOPA PAC has been created to identify and contribute money to qualified candidates who weigh the interests of general aviation when considering legislation. In addition to our proven friends in Congress, AOPA PAC works to cultivate new members and candidates who are supportive of the industry.
Seems like a good thing to me.