PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 19:14
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
Growing passenger numbers don’t mean anyone likes anything. I flew FRA-LHR with LH into T2 last week and DUB-LTN today with FR. Luton’s passenger numbers have never been higher, but the difference in the airport experience is huge! One is straight off an airbridge and on the tube minutes later in a world class facility, the other.....er isn’t. (no complaint with either airline, Ryanair are punctual and generally reliable #touchwoood)
My point is that for frequent fliers, the loco airport experience is a major ball ache, STN is not quite as bad as LTN but it’s up there. Key point on STN, the customer experience has been going steadily downhill, but more shops to balance out the deals made on landing fees.

Er what time? The reason you have time to kill is to KEEP YOU SHOPPING. Stansted was beautiy designed to get you from kerb to gate and on your way ASAP. Different business model now, the terminal is designed to impede progress, slow you down and make you shop. Now every airport does this to some extent but STN takes it to extreme levels.
See we are very different people, I avoid LHR like the plague, I have flown STN-AMS in the time from pushback to rotate at LHR and if I’m traveling on business, yes I like to get to the airport in enough time to grab a drink and maybe some food meet my company staff at said airports also when I travel with family or friends on holiday the holiday starts when we leave the house we love time at the airport, it’s not like staff in the shops hit you on the head and drag you in make you open your wallet.