PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 18:56
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Growing passenger numbers don’t mean anyone likes anything. I flew FRA-LHR with LH into T2 last week and DUB-LTN today with FR. Luton’s passenger numbers have never been higher, but the difference in the airport experience is huge! One is straight off an airbridge and on the tube minutes later in a world class facility, the other.....er isn’t. (no complaint with either airline, Ryanair are punctual and generally reliable #touchwoood)
My point is that for frequent fliers, the loco airport experience is a major ball ache, STN is not quite as bad as LTN but it’s up there. Key point on STN, the customer experience has been going steadily downhill, but more shops to balance out the deals made on landing fees.
I guess I would only have a hand full of destinations to choose from.
How would I spend my time ? Without all the shops and restaurants to Choose
Er what time? The reason you have time to kill is to KEEP YOU SHOPPING. Stansted was beautiy designed to get you from kerb to gate and on your way ASAP. Different business model now, the terminal is designed to impede progress, slow you down and make you shop. Now every airport does this to some extent but STN takes it to extreme levels.