PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 18:22
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wowzz
STN finished joint second from bottom in the "Which" survey of UK airports. I'm not alone in my criticism, apparently!
Daz, given the choice would you rather fly from the STN of 1998 or 2018? Sometimes progress is not all it cracks up to be!
Such a stupid Question.
I guess I would only have a hand full of destinations to choose from.
How would I spend my time ? Without all the shops and restaurants to Choose from ?
I think the question you should be asking is if you live north of London or in Suffolk,Norfolk or Cambridgeshire in 1998 would I rather drive past a large airport with limited destinations or fly from LGW or LHR or would I prefer a busy airport with growing airline routes with destinations linking me to the world as well as being the UKs business airport for European destinations.
using your line of thinking I would also rather drive round the M25 they year it was built rather than now.
As for Surviving Airports I don’t agree with the results nor do they represent the majority of the traveling public.
if STN was as terrible as you say how is it one of the fastest growing airports in Europe and almost joint 3rd busiest in the UK.

I get it you don’t like STN but many do just look at the growing passenger numbers.