PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 17:40
wowzz

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211

Where do I even start with a response.
Lets start by pointing out that MAG are installing a large seating area above the restaurant airside.
Also the toilets are cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day, I guess if you go in before it’s cleaned you could be disappointed, however if you visit immediately after a clean you will be pleasantly surprised.
Now lets get onto shops, Please tell me of any major international Airports that don’t have shops and restaurants after security. Regarding security personnel the same can be said for any airport, depending on what side of the bed your security person woke up on, my worst security experience was at SEN and I guarantee his working day was a lot easier than a poor agent at STN. Now let’s talk about parking - Really is it so much more than other London airports? Also let’s not forget the new multi story car parking is well underway and will provide yet another parking option.
Give it 3-4 years and you won’t recognise STN as it is today with a designated departure terminal with shoreline check-in end to end and a state of the art arrivals terminal.
Any thing else ?

STN finished joint second from bottom in the "Which" survey of UK airports. I'm not alone in my criticism, apparently!
Daz, given the choice would you rather fly from the STN of 1998 or 2018? Sometimes progress is not all it cracks up to be!