PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 17th Nov 2018, 03:41
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flex88
Great note and spot on however, as we always tend to do, don't get distracted by what the Swires try to drive home. They are absolute experts at deflection and the pilot group happens to be a great shiny ball that they hope keeps everyone looking away from the reality of how mismanaged this once great company is. The pilots are to blame?

I think not.
  • How many subsidiary's have been created to suck profit from the once ultra profitable CX ? There's 8 listed on IntraCX and they don't mention HAECO, HAECO Americas, HAESL etc. etc.
  • Someone please Google Cathay Pacific loses lawsuit / is fined etc. Were talking dozens of lawsuits and hundreds of millions of US$, worldwide..How many have they simply settled out of court (Paris basing) ?
  • What was the total Fuel Hedging loss? I'm guessing but 4 to 5 BILLION US$
  • Just look at the debacle CX is now in regarding the Data Loss. What will be the cost? They have literally been caught being dishonest on many levels and those responsible, all very high ranking and highly paid (Swire) "leadership" types who it is "their Corporate, Legal and/or Fiduciary duty" to disclose these types of issues to the relevant government/corporate entities however, they specifically and purposefully chose not to.
This is definitely not an all inclusive list however from this, one should be able to judge the level of mismanagement and or corporate malfeasance that continues to occur costing BILLIONS of US$...

But look who's the big bad bogey man - the Pilots

IT's DEFLECTION
Great post Flex! It does beg the question... When do they just come out and say Mea Culpa?!?! We know we have been doing a horrible job, and this is what we are going to do to fix it. My guess... It’ll NEVER happen.