PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2018, 18:13
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Exactly what I thought; why would FlyBe supplier revenue data to any organisation to that level of detail to enable them to produce this statistic?
Here's what I wrote earlier today a little bit up this thread:
I believe their numbers are based on screen-scraping fares, estimating averages, and looking at flyBE's published accounts to estimate the cost base, so they are not gospel, but they seem a reasonable first estimate.
FlyBE does not provide any data to them. This company (along with a couple of other firms that I know of) provide analysis services/products to airports and other aviation firms based on continually screenscraping available fares from the booking engine and estimating the resultant yield. Does this method result in 100% accurate stats? Certainly not. Does it result in stats accurate enough for an awful lot of airports and other companies (including my employer) to subscribe to one of these services? Yes.

Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
That is based on ticket prices and i doubt very much that the person who compiled it knows the ins and outs of Flybe's routes. The fact that they've included Amsterdam and Paris and Newcastle points to that.
Not sure what the issue is with NCL. The schedule data I'm looking at tells me flyBE flies from NCL to EXT and SOU and Eastern under a flyBE code flies from NCL to ABZ and CWL. Is this wrong? And from CDG and NCL I see a range of flyBE flights too. I don't think they mean "base" as in crew base, more "airport with multiple routes".

In my earlier post I posted the link to the original graph on LinkedIn, where people have been commenting on the data and asking questions which the analyst has been answering. I imagine they can probably answer your questions there too better than I can.