PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2018, 23:35
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
I won’t go into why their contract is inferior however I do hope that AIPA can successfully get it upgraded. The reality IMO with an austerity drive on in the airline that there is no hope of it happening, however if form is anything to go on I will say that I think AIPA will continue to drag the long haul contract backwards towards what you refer to as the inferior contract of shorthaul.

If the company is to try and drag Long Haul back to Short Haul terms I’m guessing it’s not just me who thinks it is the lesser of the two (ergo, inferior). Ideally you get the worst of the contracts improved the most so that not going to be the case. For that reason, and the fact it has been expired the longest, I’d like to see it sorted, and sorted properly, first.

As for the next comment, Baz if you think 2500 pilots with two separate contracts are going to be completely unified over every issue you’re bonkers. A little polite discourse is entirely appropriate, and necessary, to improve BOTH EAs. The company can love a bit of division if they like, but It shouldn’t stop anyone from speaking up, because they’d love that just as much.