PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 13:51
bsieker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rananim
Boeing doesnt design its FCCs with a psycho mode.Qantas 72 isnt possible in a Boeing.
That's really the epitome of double-think: "This airplane crashed and killed almost 200 people because of a Boeing system idiosyncrasy, but Boeing is better than Airbus, because this other accident of an Airbus which only injured a few people."

You do realise that this Boeing aircraft behaviour is deliberate, whereas the problem with Qantas Flight 72 was a software error (what some people call a bug: i. e. the opposite of "designed")?

You realise further, I hope, that there are good reasons for having the system put in nose-down commands when approaching the stall angle of attack?

I'm not normally one to pit the aircraft manufacturers against each other, I know they all have their problems, but this kind of fanboyism has gone too far.

The pilots just have to recognize that they are facing unreliable data,disengage the automation,disengage the AP stab trim motor and fly the plane using basic attitude/thrust combinations.
(my emphasis)

Right. "Just ...". That's easy.

P. S. Your posts would be a lot more readable if you put a blank space behind punctuation marks.