PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Update
Thread: Gulf Air Update
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 13:36
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the gold fish syndrome, keep it in a small bowl, it will remain small, put it in a bigger bowl, it will grow, GF has always suffered from small bowl (island) syndrome, and while making grandiose plans, haven't the balance in the checkbook to fulfill those...at one point after the departure of Oman, 900 million dinars was pumped into GF over a short period of time, only to "disappear" with no apparent effect on the airline...sad really, the military CEO they had for a while was anti-expat,(wanted a pilot meeting held, but no expats, "they are nothing to us contract labor"), had all those recent hires made redundant when the EMB was canned(EMB, product of another profiteering CEO who occupied the office on the 3rd floor..and rude to boot) despite protests of the crew planning manager they were needed for the upcoming summer schedule increase.... so the saga continues..the middle managers find it hard to remain on track, as the shifting sands are constantly moving the rails around...they were always good to me, and most of the folks I knew there, I can understand the bitterness of some who arrived, only to be cut 6 months later, or the ones who were cut after resigning from their jobs, only to be told not to come