PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 12:57
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yesse

Look, i agree with all that you said, they can fire you whenever they want, is their company, ok. The point is that they did it already last year, firing with 60 days notice all expat FO's, and why? Because they had a business with Mr Patella who was bringing expat cadets, these guys paid 100.000 USD to VNA for the training ( one of these cadets told me personally ) without salary, just an apartment in Royal City for the first year. If they quit before 5 years, they loose the money. Of course, all of them knew that was just an investment and they will loose the money, and VNA also. So, 1 million USD per 10 expat cadets, such an amazing business, plus no salary, much cheaper than a proffesional SFO. So this is how VNA works in general. Yesterday was good, today so so, but tomorrow will be not better. I have been there 15 years also, and around one year ago i left VNA, and yes, maybe you know me, but of course i will not reveal who am i. The idea is ro warn all other colleagues about VNA, specially SFO, because now they are looking for A350 FO's. Sorry, but you can't say they will be safe here. With the A350 TR, if they give you the 60 days notice, tell me where will you find a new job. So that's why, don't believe the agencies, there is not any kind of upgrade apportunity, unless you know the right person to pass him/her 25.000 usd under the table. So, if you are flying A350 in some other company and your position is at least stable, don't risk that stability, soon or later you will value that the most. And just in case somebody forgot, here are the numbers again. Explain that pale!!

any fo contract is fraught with danger. I think some of the guys looking at the fo 350 are also looking at a 320 command in the future. In any event i am sure they can make their own mind up.