PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Danny42C
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2018, 10:38
MPN11

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts
Farewell Danny42C

I had been fearing the worst for several days, in view of his prolonged [and unusual] silence on the Forum. His last post here was on 4 November 2018, as ever combining humour, politeness and positivity.
Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
Invidious to name names, so thank you all for the concern, good wishes and sympathy heaped on me and my Mary (she is, literally, my "Life Support Machine").

Must be costing the NHS an arm and a leg to keep me alive. That being so, I say again "Dum spiro, scribo", and intend to be with you a while yet.

Life in old dog yet ! ........Danny.
The lack of his acknowledgement of his 97th birthday wishes on the "Pilots Brevet" thread 3 days ago was so uncharacteristic that alarm bells were ringing loudly.

Dear Danny, you will be sorely missed. You would undoubtedly be embarrassed to be described as one of the greats, and yet in your quiet way you achieved that. Rest easy in your new basha 'up there', old chum.

My deepest sympathy and respect to his Devoted Daughter, Mary, and condolences to all Danny's family. You, like us, have lost a great character. And despite the sadness, at least God gave him 97 earthly years to be with us, which we can all treasure.

Last edited by MPN11; 13th Nov 2018 at 10:53.