PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2018, 04:55
tiredofstupidity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LL there are FOs at this company who joined when the retirement age was 55. Overnight their time to FO and command doubled as the company switched to RA65. Some of them did longer as SO than any of the current crop of highly experienced SO’s have done. That’s the way it goes. Company is to blame 99% of the time for these situations. Being an entitled **** will not help people fight for you. Luckily most of the guys/gals on the line are not like you.

I find it amusing that you equate knowledge of FCOM3 or OPSA with competency as a pilot. Sure it’s important, but it’s about 15% of the job. I don’t think you understand what the job is, none of us did when we joined. Difference being, when I was an SO I was aware that I had no idea what I was talking about. A portion of the current generation is very very confident in their abilities. Some might say overconfident. Some of the guys/girls are great, some aren’t. Same way it’s always been. I’ve noticed a shift in attitude from eyes wide open, ready to learn. To lessonlearnt.