PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 16:53
BehindBlueEyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster15
Wow. I really didn't expect anyone to ask so I appreciate your response.

The answer is no not yet. I had the biopsy on 19/10 and was told I would have an appointment in 10 to 12 days. As it is now over 3 weeks I will speak with the GP tomorrow.

I was wondering whether anyone else could tell me how long they had to wait for their results, where they were given a Gleason score.
Many thanks.
You’re welcome - having had dad go through the ‘process’ I know exactly how out of control you can feel. Waiting to hear was the worst part. PC was suspected with him and until firm diagnosis, all our minds were running overtime imagining the worst possible scenario. Strangely enough, once the result was confirmed, knowing exactly what we were dealing with was easier and more straightforward. His care has been superb although it didn’t start off on a great foot because he hadn’t had the result of his biopsy but a letter popped through the door calling him in for an urgent MRI.

I posted in September about my concern that his PSA post brachy/RDT was rising slowly but his urologist has confirmed that it will do and possibly level off at around 3.0 or 4.0.