PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globe Air Full Stall
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2018, 09:48
SanHor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@appfo09 In august I send the following PM to a collegue about my experience with GlobeAir and there way of communicating.

I applied for a DEC position with a homebase in AMS. Went for the assessment in November 2017.

Starts in the GlobeAir HQ with a meeting with your assessment partners, for me was 5 captains 1 F/O.

Introduction and meeting with CEO, 2 ladies of HR, Chief Pilot and Deputy Chief Pilot.

First group exercise, what I remember from it the group was divided between two points. 1 group was for emotional 1 group for the law. Tried to be myself the middle men and bring the group together. Ask questions, ask more questions and make summaries.
Then was an English test. Followed by that they gave you a blanco page and a timer. 5 minutes to write a story about yourself in English. Everybody started writing about their flying career. I choose a different approach and wrote about my last holiday. There is a native English speaker, imagine that she has to read all day the same bull**** about flying careers. Try to be a bit different.

Then the group gets separated. Individual meeting with 1) CEO, 2) HR lady 3) Chief pilot.

So three separate interviews of maybe 10 minutes each.
  1. CEO. Why Globe, describe yourself in 1 word, why you wanted to become a pilot. Are you parents pilots? (Apparently Fragner doesn’t like people with parents as pilot, cause he believes you are not genuine then). Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I brought up the question why several people were fired at there 2 years end (as you can read in the PPRuNe topic).
  1. HR lady. Name situation where you had to bring bad news to the customer. What would you do if you are ready to depart, passenger boards end your forgot the ice cube for his coca cola. Just be yourself, no tricky questions. I told them that I would be HONEST to the customer that I would ask then for 5 minutes of their time and call the handling, the company and whoever is in my phone list to get the job done ASAP.
  1. Chief pilot and deputy chief pilot interview. They gave me an approach plate of my homebase airport and asked me to give me a briefing as I would give on an ILS approach. What is LDA, what is the altitude you cross the threshold then when you follow the glideslope. They go to chart 10-9 and ask about the lighting system, the distance between the separate lights etc. They give you the AFM of the Mustang and ask you I want to know the TODR where can I find it. Just work organized and show them that you have seen an AFM before.
Another guy of the group was given the tricky question. The contract with the customer is that he can take 100 kilo of bags, he shows up with 120 kilos of bags what would you do. He said “as we all do in the business, wright 100 kilo on the mass and balance, and just take the 120 kilo. Needless to say, the guy was send home.

When this is all done you are offered lunch. And the Globe people meet with each other about the results of your performance and tests.
After lunch one group is (as a group) brought to the CEO. This was the group who had failed the interview. No individual thanks but no thanks, but as a group there where send home.

Out of my group of 6, only one other guy passed. So we were together.

We were for the simulator sessions at Linz airport. Performed by the Chief Pilot and deputy C.P. There was absolutely ZERO contact or interest in both of us. This was a bit awkward.

The session is a departure out of Linz, join the holding Linz VOR and then Full Procedure ILS approach.

Just be ahead of the aircraft and if you apply as a captain, act as a captain. Think about your CRM and stay ahead of the aircraft.

My colleague flew the complete sessions at 240 knots. Nobody told us to do so, I took my time and flew the whole session at 180 knots, giving me more time to anticipate etc.

After the session the C.P. and deputy C.P. shaked us the hand and they showed us the door. I asked for feedback, there was no feedback to be given to both of us was the reply. The promised to send an e-mail with the result the same evening, if anything happened LATEST next morning.

After three days I asked Globe if there was any news or if something went wrong since I didn’t received any e-mail. Reply: “there were still working on it”.

After ANOTHER week I got a positive reply, my assessment partner failed. So pass rate was 1 out of 6 that day.

The e-mail gave no further information so I gave them a call and they informed me that I was number 1 in the holding pool and would be flying for them (as in Line Training released) in April 2018. And the last sentence of the phone conversation was: please keep applying at other airlines as well, we don’t have a commitment to each other”.

4 weeks passed and I called for an update. Line training released April 2018 still. I waited patiently.

In February I called again, since performing a typerating, performing CRM, dangerous goods courses etc etc takes time. And February till April became a bit tight in my opinion. There answer was: you still gonna fly for us, but maybe now from June 2018.

In April 2018 I still didn’t have any information from them and decided to apply somewhere else apply somewhere else (and got accepted).

On 20 May I received an e-mail from Globe with my name wrongly spelled and the following:

“We are having you in the holding pool as a pilot and are asking you if you would still be available for this position? However, we must point out that the only gates available at the moment would be Austria / Vienna und UK / Luton. You should be living near these airports.”

I replied on the e-mail pointing out that they spelled my name wrongly. That I waited several months for information from them, with no communication from their side. And that I applied for a base in AMS and hate it when people change the rules of the game, while you are playing the game. And lastly I asked them to withdraw my details from there database.

Never received a reply...

That’s my experience with GlobeAir. I spent €250 on a plane ticket to Munich, €150 on a rental car, €120 on a hotel close to Linz. And then I am not calculating the lost income as a freelancer for the lost days…

So my advice: if you have nowhere else to go to, go and visit Globe. If you have other options...go there don’t waste your time on Globe and for the above mentioned money take your beloved one on a fancy dinner. Much more satisfaction!!

Last point, I was recently speaking with a broker (friends of mine, don’t want to disclose their location), they have their worries about the financial status of Globe.