PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2018, 02:24
Winemaker

Received 188 Likes on 79 Posts
I am SLF. I have read this entire thread. I am a science driven person. I am extremely interested in aviation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What I don't understand is that in a UAS event the pilot should fly attitude and N1 per the QRH; this will assure the airplane won't just fall from the sky and gives the pilots time to regroup and analyze the situation. If the pilots are flying attitude they won't be concerned with AoA will they? If the trim system keeps trying to change the attitude every ten seconds why would the pilots not shut if off and then trim manually if necessary? Is trim of the aircraft that important in this situation? Is this a training issue in that it seems the most important part, keeping the plane flying, has become secondary? On a personal note before I get hammered, I used to race single seat formula cars and never panicked even while going off the road after brake failure at high speed, so I do know some things about exposure and brain function, at least my own.