PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPA members to vote on training ban
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 07:36
ViktorNavorski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Managers

Dear Managers,

As I am sure you are following this forum as well please find my thoughts below:

First: Isn't it awkward that this issue is being discussed in an open pilot forum instead of only within the internal Pilot's Association Forum? So why does this happen? Does your strategy of ruling by fear pay off as union members dare not to voice their opinion in a forum where the names are displayed, like in the DPA forum?

Second: How often has the pilots' group heard your threats: RPA, Leave system,... but, how much more often will you threaten us in future? How much further will you start pinching the few goodies we have? Remember the pink HK$60 meal voucher? Negotiating in good faith? Believe me, the trust of most of the pilots in your leadership has long gone. BTW, when will the renovation in the Grand Hi Lai Hotel in KHH be finished? Are you absolutely sure that HAS will run through the rubbish bags of the airplane to scavenge recycable paper? Maybe the next FCN will tell us that Santa will drop through the chimney on Christmas Day!

Third: When was the last time you have had a multiple days trip? Rushing through HK airport to catch the connecting flight from gate 49 to find out the aircraft has changed and you run all the way back to gate number 1. Or better outer bay to Dragon Island? When was the last time you had stby at the airport for a few hours just because one of the (old) airplanes broke down or there was extensive ATC delay? When was the last time you were travelling in a Chinese made bus bouncing on a highway with unlit trucks having stopped on the middle lane to a hotel which, in cases, can be called barely adequate? And you call those scary bus rides and queuing up at immigration and airport security rest time?

Fourth: You are threatening your pilot group taking the leave system away: May I ask you which leave system you are on? Aren't you on the same leave system? BUT: how many weekends have you been flying last year? How many public holidays, your kids’ school events, parties have you missed? If you want to be taken seriously by your line pilots - please, go ahead and volunteer for working on weekends. No, not your favourite PNH, KHH or HKT day return, take the full lot of a nice three or four days pattern into China. While sitting on your managing positions for years you have completely lost track of what is going on in the real world!

Fifth: You are threatening your pilot group taking RPA away: Isn't that false economy? Taking away requests for late or early starts, weekends or max overnights, particular flight patterns: What will happen? Your pilot group will get an unhealthy mix of early and late starts, minimum days off, split duties,... The outcome will be a bunch of pilots who are just not only angry, they're also worn out, overworked and fatigued. Do you think this is a good idea especially in this unhealthy mix of flying older airplanes in a challenging environment? Why not introducing mutiple requests? Did it ever come into your mind that happier crew is also healthier crew?

Sixth and finally: With your permanent threatening of crew you have attained the complete opposite you wanted to achieve: I will vote YES for the training ban! Plus I would vote YES for Recruitment Ban and Contract Compliance if I had the option as I do not know which fairy tale you will tell me next! And, as most of you are still in the union, YOU should show unity as there is the threat of the union becoming obsolete and vote YES to training ban as well!