PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 23:18
Capn Bloggs

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken V
I agree this note in the manual is likely not related to this accident. All the data available indicates the accident aircraft was well above stall airspeed for the pressure altitude they were operating in and thus there was plenty of elevator authority available.
I would surmise that with full nose down stab, there is no way any nose-up elevator input would overcome it at normal speeds. The faster you go, the worse it would become. Probably why this aeroplane crashed the way it did. Or do you think the crew just let the nose drop while being occupied with something else?

Originally Posted by Ken V
Agreed, this is unrelated to this accident. All the available data indicate the accident aircraft was well above 1G stall for the pressure altitude and thus they had plenty of elevator authority. Further, that same data does not indicate the engines were at a "high power" setting.
I don't know about your aeroplane, but if I set mine up at low level with the clean UA config power setting, the thing will shortly be going like a rocket.

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 9th Nov 2018 at 00:58.