PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 22:43
FACoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rex - tragically I can relate to nearly all of those. Perhaps my CRM is lacking but I also find people take the open question concept way too far. A recent favourite, "what do you think about use of the APU today?". Umm, let's use it...?

Originally Posted by Enzo999

I have to say I absolutely do not recognise the BA you are describing. It has many faults of which I am happy to complain about, but the vast majority of SH captains I fly with are just looking for an easy day out. I can’t remember the last time I gave or listened to a LHR brief.
What can I say, we're either flying for different airlines or you've been very lucky indeed. The other day, my skipper successfully briefed for the entirety of a 50 minute cruise. I was ready to hang myself by the end of it. When, over a beer later that evening, I tentatively brought up the more 'abbreviated' briefing style at my previous airline, he was incredulous. As I recall his words were - "that's appalling, there's always something to brief. If not, pick the QRH up and go through some memory actions together". And guess what, that's exactly what we did going into Heathrow. After he'd briefed me about Heathrow of course.