PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 16:52
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
Haha nice one. I actually had a chat with a trainer about this issue (the best trainer on the Airbus at BA in my opinion and amongst the best guys I’ve ever flown with period with the initials BC) and he agreed with me. Not only did he agree with me but he said it’s a known issue on the fleet and that every DEP pilot he speaks to from easyJet says the exact same thing, as he makes a point of asking them specifically. FACoff has agreed with me. I might be blowing my own trumpet, you can sneak through one selection process if you’re subpar but you don’t pass every single airline selection you’ve ever been through (five in total) if you’re not at least a half decent operator. So no, it’s not me but thanks for your concern.

Totally agree with this- I'm sure its not you. Very similar experience. Think some need to be a little more pragmatic, for sure. Usually when you ask what airline he/she has come from and the response is cadet.. haha.

Sure its just bad luck- many are lovely guys/girls.

Seems as though the division in the company is what makes it perhaps a more difficult place to work at. You only have to browse the Balpa forum for a few minutes to see quite how divided we are... makes it easy when pay/roster negotiations come around!