PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Engineers
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 16:10
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
" I have heard old skool BCARs tell me they blagged ****e. And got away with it. Time will tell what happens and we will find out were we are with out people's bull**** and views of the past will be the same as the furture. "

With all due respect Albert, I feel some of those who made this boast may have been just a shade prone to exaggeration shall we say.

Did mine many years ago under the BCAR regs and I can assure you, that, trying to blag your way through a decidedly detailed interview with questions selected at random, plus more in depth questions about any errors made on the written paper would not have gone well to put it mildly. True, there are plenty of anecdotal tales of CAA Surveyors and their own "pet areas "......I had the misfortune to meet one who was obsessed with aerodynamics for example, but, with hindsight, he was genuinely interested to learn from his questions how much I really knew.
I know that Alber doesn't have a BCAR Section L and I doubt he has spent a week going through all the BCARS studying how they work for his view of them.
My 1st BCAR oral exam lasted 4 hours, sitting in a bare cellar room of the long-gone Heathrow CAA office. My second interview was quite a bit shorter and my third was 20 minutes including a coffee. "Bullsh!t" was quickly dismissed - as was the person trying it on!

Yes, ONB, the FAA has its role in the world too, hence the word 'almost' appeared in the sentence