PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2018, 19:26
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Other than EK does anybody have the long haul schedules pencilled in for STN in 2019. We appear to have lost TCX any chance of a substitute in the horizon ?
Other than the daily Emirates connection to Dubai and the long haul freighters there are no other long haul flights currently ''pencilled'' in for STN in 2019.

It is a shame that STN has lost long haul from Thomas Cook as well as TUI as I was expecting both of them to expand rather than cease their long haul operations from the airport having a north London airport complementing their LGW operations.

Thomas Cook could have built up a similar long haul operation at STN to what they have achieved at MAN especially as their long haul operation at LGW is rather small.

Two airlines that I've always thought that STN could have gained and to have been a potential airport for their north London operations are the possibility of seasonal flights with Virgin Atlantic to Orlando and Air Transat returning to the airport and resuming Toronto even if the latter was once or twice weekly.

If and when JetBlue finally announce their intention of flying Transatlantic I'm rather confident that STN will mentioned but until we see an official press release from the company it's just speculation at this point in time.

MAG have stated that they were pursuing a Chinese connection but considering that there have been many new connections from various Chinese airlines recently being started from LHR and the fact they don't seem to hang around at LGW very long I think that it will be a while before we see STN gaining that elusive Chinese connection.

One long haul airline that I could see eventually adding STN to their network is the Singapore Airlines low cost long haul airline SCOOT.

Other than that I can't honestly see what long haul airline could possibly announce STN although I should imagine that Emirates will go double daily at some point.