PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPA members to vote on training ban
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2018, 09:39
Babbalito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack B'stard

Originally Posted by TheGreenDragon
So nothing’s been learned from the failure of this action at CX?

Voting for this motion will achieve little. The ramifications however are a great threat. Im not a company guy, far from it, but this is really a worthless proposition. D scale is already introduced, and to say the association is safeguarding future members conditions is none sense. Future members wil have already accepted their plight on COS18. No point fighting this one.

The company currently have enough trainers . Anyone wanting to train will not be put off by this action. Some may, but the snakes will now slip through . Trainers are company guys at the end of the day. Or they would not be invited. I get this.

Voting yes will jepodise all fleet movement.
Will screw up the RPA. No lifestyle choices. A return to the dark old days.
Will stop upgrades, wether from SO level or to Captain.
Curtail RRO, cant train replacements right?
We will all work harder, who needs the sectors?

Finally, the incumbent trainers will be so tired and grumpy, the chances of that tick in the box or a reasonable check ride
will diminish .

Vote No. There are better ways, and this is not the fight I’m prepared to back.

Comments like this make me seethe with rage. The selfish inaction of "I'm alright Jack" toss pots such as the OP has brought us to today's situation. They couldn't care less about their future colleagues and have proven so by selling us out by doing NOTHING to resist the SC of 2012. (There were a few that tried ~ thank you). Their actions are analogous to the loggers that chop down the rain forests with no regard for the future. Now there are larger numbers of disaffected SC guys who do not want a repeat of the SC scandal and are willing to do something about it. I applaud their efforts in resisting CoS 18 Virtually all of the trainers are expat B. Many are relatively close to retirement and cashing in. Good luck with that if you're not on their CoS. They want to lord it over the rest of us, pocket their overtime, buy their flash motors and enjoy their palatial homes while everyone else can go get f&&ked. They hope that if we all just keep quiet their will be no threat to RP and other agreements. However, they certainly won't fight for those same agreements to be locked in to stop those on L3 from threatening to remove them every time we need another zero percent shafting.. Why would they want to rock the boat? After all, the Company keeps telling us that "CoS 18 won't affect you". Well, it does affect us because it's grossly unfair just as the SC is grossly unfair.
Now is the time, SC and B scale, to take responsibility and support any initiative that resists the erosion of our profession. Again.