PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 7th Nov 2018, 08:12
Gustosomerset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchaa
Only the extension/retraction of the pitch change shaft. It would appear once a full pedal input was made the feedback lever link disconnected itself from the pitch change shaft. It happened within 45 secs of take off and from the video, appeared to fail at the first significant yaw input. Was the nut in place before it lifted?
I understand. I think what I was getting at was whether pedal input in one direction (yaw left) might not be affected by the absence of the nut but that in the other direction (at the top of the climb for the first time) it would, as the absence of the nut would not affect a 'pushing input' but would allow the lever to pull itself away from shaft. If this were true, perhaps it could allow for the fact that control seemed normal in the climb - with no right yaw demanded - even if the nut was already on the ground. (Despite your excellent explanation of the mechanics I'm afraid I'm simply too stupid to fully understand).

As to this thread being full of "absolute bo££ox", IMHO I'd echo the point made earlier (which I can't now find) that for inexperienced pilots (such as me), the amount of insight from those who are far more knowledgeable has a value that far outweighs the obvious nonsense - which we can easily choose to skip.