PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 4th Nov 2018, 16:36
Jason0918

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Career change, qualifications advice?

Hi guys just after a bit of advice from people in a similar situation so myself and would like to know what they did.

Basically I’m 26 qualified heating and gas engineer looking at a career change to become a pilot, started my ppl recently. I have been looking into modular course requirements which from different schools are conflicting.

So I have maths and English c gcse and other subjects but a d in science ( didn’t think I needed it at the time is never studied for it!!) I also have heating nvq level 2 and 3 and gas qualifications.

My concern is the science. I went to the pilot road show yesterday and was told different things from different schools 2 said doesn’t matter won’t affect you and couple others said I need to redo it as it will affect my chances with an employer.

After some thoughts I am planning to redo it anyway as I thing it hopefully will be good prep for what’s to come, when I’ve looked at courses things seemed to have changed I cannot find gcse science for adults easily mostly I see science biology or science physics? The phsyics is what I’m thinking of doing, do you think this will be sufficient instead of my gcse science d?

Thanks in advance sorry for the long post
Jason