PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO Shortage UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 12:41
mike current

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by good egg

I suspect "media policy" plays a part in that. Is headcount above, equal to, or below Operational Requirement at your unit? How is it around the patch?
Always been short for the 12 years I've been in the job. Yet to experience a missed SCRATCOH break or a closure (unless it was completely unavoidable with multiple sickness at very short notice).
What I'm trying to say is, on this forum there always seems to be a lot of negativity about change and the way things are going. If you read pprune you'd have thought we were never going to survive the new ATSOCAS or the introduction of hectopascals!!

I often read people on here saying "I'm glad I left when I did" etc.. well, I want to offer another view. I enjoy the job, maybe the conditions aren't as good as they were 20 years ago, but they are still some of the best across all industries. Of course we're short, we pull together and get on with it and we get through it. There are people in charge of recruitment and long term strategies and that's their job.
I still enjoy going to work and so do many of my colleagues across different units. It's not so bad, honestly.

Gonzo - UK. 8 years with Nats. 4 on the dark side