PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 3rd Nov 2018, 11:34
opera.pprn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question about online assessment comes back over and over so I'll try to explain everything.

There are basically three sections:

1. Cut-e aptitude tests - the easiest bit.
Research the info on Cut-e website and Cut-e's YouTube profile. Invest $39 into a preparation package for Ryanair at LatestPilotJobs it will give you access to plenty of assessment questions but most importantly you will be able to practice the aptitude tests. You'll master it after a day or two and there will be no surprise during an actual online assessment.

2. ATPL test. Questions will be thrown at you from the ATPL questionbank. Not only the common sense questions which you get on a real assessment in Dublin. All kind of questions that EASA invented for the purpose of the exam. Those who are fresh from their exams or who have practised with Aviation Exam or other prep. software will have an advantage.

However, my understanding is, it's not really there to test your atpl knowledge per se - lots of successful candidates would have failed if that was the case and the standard 75% threshold was to be achieved.
To a large degree this exercise test how you deal with the pressure of time - it's an ultimate sprint with 30 questions in 10 minutes.
Therefore the goal is to move forward swiftly, don't go back and don't worry about questions you had no idea about - mind the time remaining and make sure you answered 6 questions after 2 minutes, 12 after 4 etc.

#1 and #2 should be done on a desktop PC or laptop for convenience. Make sure your mouse or other pointing device is suitable for the 'missile test'.
The online video part (#3) can be done on a PC/laptop with a webcam or via an app on a smartphone or tablet. I used the smartphone and it went ok.

3. Video interview

It's not really an interview as there is no live person interacting with you at the other end. What happens is this - you will get three 'HR-kind' of questions. These questions are to be found either in this thread or in the LatestPilotJobs package I mentioned before. The most common to date were: - Why do you want to be a pilot? - Why Ryanair? - What would you do if the cpt doesn't follow SOPs?

After the question shows up on your screen you will have something like 10-20s to prepare and then answer the question in 60s. I had an elaborate speech prepared in my head regarding why I wanted to be a pilot but then I saw it's only 60s so had to cut it short to 2-3 sentences. This exercise is probably to test your English and see if the stress doesn't get the better of you. Don't read from the paper, dress smart, have a nice background rather than your dirty kitchen, smile and you should be alright.

Hope that helps