PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2018, 08:20
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EssexMan61
Thank you aax1 - I am still stuck with the Metro article and its "Police State" claims - I think that "Police State" is normally left-wing - Russia, China, et al???? Is a "Police State" NOT left-wing???? I would never criticise the workers - just the rulers.
Plenty right wing police states have existed across the world - Authoritarian control is one of the signature elements of Extremism “control of the populus and masses “ far from a uniquely left wing practice.

In fact with Armastice day just a week away suggest you do a bit of reading up on the most brutal police state ever within Europe.

Still if your flying somewhere it’s your choice to arrive early and camp out I suppose.

Done it myself when I was a teenager at Gatwick but not these days; far to old and with those many room only hotel chains these days think a nice sleep in the general vicinity of an airport and short taxi ride hardly out of the question to be honest.

Alternative stump up a little cash for a lounge.( not much cheaper than the room only hotel chains so not my choice however it’s an option )