PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK National Air Ambulance Service
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 21:14
Dai Whirlybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sort of with Boessie on this, I agree that there is a tangible difference between a Government initiative which in the modern world is almost always motivated by reducing costs and that of an initiative driven by an independent organisation towards it's own ends, (whatever they may be).

The tragedy is that some of the independent organisations in this instance (AA's) are (in my opinion) motivated by aggrandisement, Sadly I feel that there is a real danger that this additional Government funding will inevitably be channelled towards wresting power away from existing stakeholders, eg:- Ambulance Services who provide clinical Governance having that responsibility removed and replaced by AA funded initiatives, an unecessary move that adds to the bill but delivers nothing more.

Don't get me wrong I applaud the work of all AA's, but I absolutely despair at the level of empire building that exists within their executive ranks and I am genuinely fearful that these additional funds will not result in more lives saved, but will simply serve to fund ego's and extend empires.