PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK National Air Ambulance Service
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2018, 08:01
SARWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
Thanks SARWannabee. I dont want to hog this thread as there is a risk of repetition, but in medicine audit and research means properly set up studies with ethical committee approval, peer reviewed and published in the medical literature. Please PM me with examples if you can find any. Case reviews and discussions are not research. Lists of injuries and logs of times are not medical research..
I only just saw this reply - one consultant and university professor, working with one of the many HEMS services has posted 73 pieces of relevant research in the last 10 years or so surrounding pre-hospital medicine survivability rates, the use of pre-hospital blood and other interventions, which have been published in medical journals and peer reviewed. There are many more however they aren’t typically published by the charity themselves as they aren’t the charities work, they are the doctors research, however they are the product of a close relationship between the two if you look at how many of the linked research articles are HEMS related after a long fruitful relationship spanning a decade or more and rely on data generated through close cooperation https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.r...hard_Lyon5/amp