PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2018, 20:56
Ph1l1pncl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA aren’t certainly going to pay more for a handling contract, not sure what other lucrative carriers would be willing to pay more for a service either. They are all trying to save pennies and BA are particularly ruthless when it comes to these sort of things. Plus NCL doesn’t appear to be on the favourite list with them either at the moment with the such erratic schedule for the winter. I appreciate that handling is not a lucrative business, same as aircraft cleaning (which can be atrocious not just at Newcastle but at all domestic stations including Heathrow) I appreciate they don’t get a long time to complete this, but they manage it a lot better on the continent with the same amount of time. Maybe the RFP process will result in another provider coming to the airport. But I can never see the North East public shelling out more money for tickets. Nor going anywhere more than two weeks on a beach due to the cancellations of Berlin, Madrid and Warsaw.

Ive not had any issues with the PRM handling when I come into Newcastle, for BA, NCL and LBA are the only airports which provide prm assistance in house and they are usually pretty high up with the customer satisfaction. Bussing is obvious it will have its shortfalls due to the amount of busses the airport seem to own. Is it 3 or 4?

Will be interstung to see see how it pans out in the future.