PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 02:05
sun shines every day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Originally Posted by NLP

Yes, Captain within 18 months is possible. Latest rumours are everyone who has bid for a LGW command in 2019 will get it. LHR transfer as a FO is no problem, in fact you can probably tell them you’d prefer LHR and start there. LHR Captain is harder as you will need the seniority for a LHR command. Latest rumours for LHR command is ~3500 on a ~4350 pilot workforce.

Disclaimer: it’s rumour and appearantly very fluid at the moment.

Thank you NLP!

I've tried to read this long thread as far back as I could looking for the most accurate and complete disclosable information any of us can get. BA seems like a good (but not great) gig. I guess life is not perfect.

One concern I see people getting is the holy pound vs days off. I guess it would help if the airline could guarantee some 15 consecutive days off plus commuting option to our front door and a million in the bank every month for our wives to spend in shoes and handbags. Don't get me wrong this is my kind of employer too, but it would bankrupt soon.

Last edited by sun shines every day; 30th Oct 2018 at 02:42. Reason: Ethical reasons