PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 01:08
TURIN

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba

Ostrower's article is here:

https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-safety/the-perilous-unreliability-of-lion-air-logs-floating-through-social-media/

While he correctly points out that sometimes purported relevant documents posted on social media are fakes I would also observe that the pictures of different versions of the pink maintenance page are not necessarily inconsistent with the workflow of a maintenance signoff.

A lot of folks take pictures of the signed paperwork these days for CYA purposes, these pictures could be a shot of the inbound squawks and another of the page with the work signed off.
I know of only one large European airline that uses this technique, and even then it is only to send data back to base to show the real time airworthiness state of the aircraft. IE. one photo to show the a/c has a defect and that the problem is 'in work' then a second to show the sign off and CRS. Also, the log entries that we saw earlier in the thread that have now been removed looked exceptionally neat and tidy. My first language is English as is most of my colleagues, but our log entries are rarely much better than your average GP. Seems a bit suspect to me.

What is CYA?