PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: 2018, Instructor's terms and conditions on a changing market?
Old 29th Oct 2018, 17:36
Luminance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AdzMc
I'd love to be able to do my FI rating, but I just simply cant afford it right now. I'm currently flying for an airline but have loads of debt left over from all of my training etc.....whilst there's sponsorship out there to help people get their FI ratings, I know I wouldn't stand a chance in getting that sponsorship.....one of the captains I flew with was on the board for either the Air League or GAPAN and said that whilst he'd love to give me funding, the organisation wouldn't as I'm deemed as not needing help with sponsorship etc.

If schools want more instructors, then they're going to have to do something other than just offer a couple quid an hour extra.....they need to be prepared to offer bonded sponsorship so they don't lose out if the instructors walk. I'd love to get my FI rating, not to build hours or anything, but because I want to teach.
There are sponsored FI courses out there, I recently completed one! As of right now there are two that I know of in Greece and Portugal that are still accepting applications, wages are going up for the bigger schools from what I've seen and heard.