PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2018, 17:33
Coopz67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Equal and opposite reactions

Originally Posted by wiedehopf
So the prediction you are mentioning is only implemented for displaying live flights, but it is used because quite a few people will look up and want the planes on map to match up.
Also i would not trust the timestamping on the data, the outliers in the following plot are very likely because of one of the receivers clocks being off.

Apart from that FR24 on their blog released the raw data for the flight in much better granularity than available on their website flight history.
It's unlikely that these data, probably received by multiple receivers differ significantly from what was sent by the ADS-B sender of the aircraft in question.

Because the plots of the data on the blog website are somewhat lacking, i plotted the data below in case anyone is interested:

ADS-B Data Plot
Fascinating thread, yet deeply tragic.
It seems from the graph that everything has an equal or opposite reaction!
One crumb of comfort would be that the debris field is fairly limited in shallow water and that the CVR and FDR should be recovered promptly and resolved, so that everyone can understand what happened here.
At times like this I can only think of Sir Arthur Conan Doyles' quote
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
RIP