PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2018, 07:24
kghjfg

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
N2P, have you had a Trial lesson yet?
Trial lessons are fun, I think you are underestimating the workload after that. If you’re not overloaded at all times for the next 45 hours, you’re not doing it right.

At our school we had a chap who wanted to learn to video flights at the same time as learning to fly, he accepted it would take many hours longer to get a license, he even did the odd flight with the instructor flying.

You seem to to think you can learn to video flights and learn to fly at the same time. In fact, you seem to want to learn to video flights more than you want to learn to fly.

Videoing flights is not something you can just “do” even once you have a license. Generally, Pilots are not from the “YouTube generation” so we don’t understand the obsession younger people have with videoing everything, so you’ll get a little bit of push back here because of that.

Go do some flying, you might find out what we are all on about. Go and learn to fly, learning to take videos will not help you learn to fly. Watching videos will not help you learn to fly. Learning to analyse videos of yourself learning to fly will definitely not help you learn to fly.

Have you flown in a light aircraft yet? On the Flyer Forum there is a dedicated student bit, why not start a “my journey” thread in there.

PS. A few years ago a rainbow appeared to my right during a take off roll, and as we climbed the ends of it contracted till I looked at a rainbow circle. I’ve seen some things in my life, that one makes it into the top ten. I watched it, I didn’t video it, I don’t care I didn’t video it, I watched it in real time and was awestruck. One of my friends would have whipped out his iPhone and watched it on a tiny little screen, while it was happening live in front of him, so he could show it to other people on a little screen later. The non YouTube generation find that odd. (and a bit of a shame tbh). We can’t comprehend that behaviour and my friend can’t comprehend I wanted to watch it, not film it. He doesn’t see a difference, I can’t understand how he doesn’t see a difference.