PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 19:17
Mrmorreti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4engines4longhaul
Yep, salaries in China are going through the roof, but one has to ask the question why that is ?

You are quite right “The Crew” when you quote net UK salary but that is not Virgin’s fault that we are so heavily taxed, and one has to put the package into context. Does a China contract provide for any pension/LOL/Healthcare/Death in Service/PHI etc ? I might be wrong but I understand you have to self fund this.

At the top of the Virgin tree a year 14 Captain and TRE is on about £185000. The company put 15% of this towards a pension which is £27000 a year. I would hazard a guess that to self fund the other benefits would be in the region of another £10000 a year which is about £225000 a year which is £18000 a month approx.

Just because the F/O pay scales go up to year 16 does not mean anyone will reach that. Commands have never been more than 13 years and now trickling towards the year 9 mark and will be at about year 8 very soon I reckon. The retirement bulge is already starting and company figures have to naturally be based on everyone leaving at 65, wheras most will leave before that.

Is it all a bed of roses here ? No, it is not, but what we have we will fight to maintain, including the golden egg of 750 hours.

£19000 a month to work in China ? Personally I would want a lot more than that. In fact I would not work there for all the tea in China

Yes. Great package. Bloomin marvellous. But is it sustainable for an airline that makes absolutely no money?

VA only exist for political reasons. No way Delta will continue to feeding the dead donkey unless it suits and that could change as quick as the wind.