PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK GA Misogyny;Are Female Pilots Denigrated.
Old 26th Oct 2018, 18:22
ColonelBlimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK GA Misogyny;Are Female Pilots Denigrated?

I've just re-validated my UK PPL SEP Rating after a two and a half year break from 24 years of flying microlights, when I wanted to fly a heavier aeroplane I had recently bought . Because I'm a big fat b*stard I needed to fly a four seater to stay legal with another person on board for my LPC, who was going to be a chunky male examiner.

It was 26 years since I had last flown a Cessna 172 in Cyprus, but my female instructor was brilliant. She summed me and my modest abilities up very quickly, spoke quietly in the cockpit and gave positive reinforcement as I got my eye back in. Her gentle reminders and minimal but accurate criticism restored my skills very quickly. Before I did my LPC flight, a female pilot in the club who had the same female instructor passed her Skills Test with the best performance the examiner had seen all year.

I don't denigrate females at anything, they are just as capable as men, if not more so, and are often easier to teach as they don't have a male ego getting in the way of the learning process. When I was an advanced sub-aqua diving instructor, I preferred teaching women every time!