PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2018, 08:48
Wireless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enzo999

Surely the current pilots and unions will threaten to strike if Virgin try destroying the terms and conditions for future generations....... Oh no of course they won’t, the “I’m alright jack” mentality strikes again. Caution to Virgin pilots that attitude has destroyed BA and BALPA, a divided workforce will put all the power in the hands of the company, do all you can to avoid this, in the end they will get you too!
I very much agree with this. I’ve worked at a place that did this. It created a B scale. The company then recruited in a frenzy onto the B scale. Guess who then holds significant voting power in a few years? A firm knows divide and concur works. All it then needs to do is offer the B scalers a sweetened deal in return for a down vote on A scaler’s terms - the very A scalers who sold them out years ago in belief they had feathered their own nests.

The firm in new negotiation tell the B scalers a few “bad truths” about how the A scalers are willing to sell them out and then it’s a down vote for the A’s in return for a mediocre improvement for the Bs. The chickens come home to roost. And in years to come the whole process repeats with pay and pensions onto C scales.

Terms being stepped down like that is the oldest trick in the industrial handbook. Once you’ve divided yourselves, you’re at risk. Don’t fall for the temptation.

I see the same thing I left behind now playing out at BA. The cogs in motion.