PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2018, 05:38
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N707ZS
On a quiet afternoon why should it take an hour from landing to get out of the front door! Couldn't believe the fiasco today with ques at the new passport machines and the famous wait for the baggage.
For many years now NCL has been trying to attract more and more flights and passengers without the infrastructure to cope with them.

And, as I mentioned before, you should take a look at the machine they use to get the baggage on and off the planes. It's unbelievably slow.
Which wouldn't be so bad if the people/person on the plane loading it manage to get on more than 1 bag per minute. The handlers at the bottom spend a long time just standing there waiting for the next bag to get to them.

Which means NCL should get a touch of realism for their schedules. KLM arrives at 12.45pm and departs again at 13.15pm??? Don't make me larf.
In theory, the incoming flight could easily land at 12.30pm but I'm not so sure it manages that regularly so it almost redefines optimism to think NCL could turn a plane round in 30mins.

Last edited by ash666; 24th Oct 2018 at 10:40.