PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 17:51
Wireless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with many of above. Suspect like many of us I’ve kept my mouth stchtumb on this thread re further gen whilst we still digest the results. I, like others joined the firm to be told bidline that was trumpeted about so much during the Q and A was going. Well that was a nice start...

Others still have a choice. I think this is serious, and folk shouldn’t under estimate how this may feature on their wish list. Whilst we have to be accurate and empathise with new guys, all we have seen are practices with the system - but, we are all making educated perceptions of it (emphasis on that bit). It would be false if we gave outside folk the idea this will definately all blow over and amount to just a minor change.

I’ve flown LH elsewhere and, also at the small regional airline mentioned above (a while ago now). Can only say people must have worked in some really **** places if they think those dry run LH rosters look ok. Either that or they’re new to LH and have never flown anything other than BLR rosters.

LH tends to get people after some years. I’ve had benefit (?) of some LH rosters that featured reversals like those on the dry run. They will total you over years. Fecking awful.

I’m looking to exit stage left. Seems to be a case of “too late now”. It won’t get over turned. Thoroughly regret joining and actually quite annoyed about it all. I joined this outfit having just left one firm where the senior Gods sold the juniors down the river.

Anyone thinking of joining look yourself in the mirror and say the words lifestyle and health. Ask how important they are to you and your family. Basically right now, anyone who tells you they KNOW are misleading - they’re working off old and outdated info (bidline is dead). All of us, right now are essentially estimating. It comes down to how safe are these estimates. Read between the lines in the above posts is all I’d say. Suffice the evidence is pointing that these are the two things you MAY WELL give up.

Lifestyle & health.

HEALTH WARNING - NON OF US HAVE FLOWN ONE OF THESE NEW ROSTERS YET.

Last edited by Wireless; 24th Oct 2018 at 09:58.