PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 16:54
rarelyathome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nurse2Pilot
I can claim confirmation bias on the other side of the coin as well! At least there were a few here who have advised caution rather than an outright refusal to entertain the notion. You say you don't allow cameras, but you don't say why? Is there a solid reason behind your policy? Or just personal preference? If the reason for your policy is based on sound evidence and there is absolutely no way to mount a camera that will "fix" the issue, then fair enough.

Trust me, I'm reading and assessing every reply. What some people seem to miss is that people learn in different ways and having the footage and audio for me to review at my own leisure, without any time pressure, is invaluable. Imagine taking down notes during class, but instead of being reliant on the teacher talking slowly or your writing quickly, this method allows me to take down everything and review at a later date.
OK. I'm going to leave it here as I've tried to help you on this thread and over on the Instructors Forum. You could claim confirmation bias if you knew what you were talking about and have some time under your belt as an instructor - you don't as you are only just embarking on your training. Instructors won't miss that people learn in different ways as that's their bread and butter. It's covered in the theory on their FI course and reinforced with almost every student they teach. Good luck with your training and with your ambition.