PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 03:30
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by morningcoffee
Wow $110k a month base pay for an F/O is great money, skippers must be on $150k a month base pay at least. Sounds like HKE is the place to be, that’s at least 30% better than what CX pay. In fact a new joiner F/O at HKE is doing better than a skipper at CX.
Always good when someone presents the facts. And everyone is happy and they love the place, and they treat everyone so well.
The professional expectations and colonial check and training system of the CX/ KA Group has not been correctly measured by management in my opinion. If you are an average pilot on the market a more professionally relaxed outfit desirable. And these days, due poor training and endorsement programs coupled with low experience, "averageness" may not be an individuals fault, it's an industry issue.

I've been keenly interested in this topic for a number of reasons. CX/ KA can't blatantly drop standards to compete for the pilot market and thwart the colonial perceptions on check and training. Though they will/ have changed the training structurally to address failure rates. They will put into place other soft programs to address a culture of fear but I do wonder if they are clever enough to see the forest for the trees. In the last year I have seen cases of "bullying" of the new, softer demographic of new joiners for the Group and there seems to be no decisive strategy in dealing with a problem that can unravel recruitment strategies.

There is a way and direction to actually improve standards and training- though I doubt there will be buy in by a pilot group being hastily replaced.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 22nd Oct 2018 at 03:50.