PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cobham Aviation
Thread: Cobham Aviation
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2018, 16:08
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blitz'
It's a MASSIVE turnover EVERYWHERE mate, Australia; Pacific; USA; Asia; Japan; M.E.; Africa; Europe... f'gen everywhere cuz!
Pilots are moving all over the globe in search of better deals and as you see, the "cat-fish"/bottom dwellers of the industry are short of crew!
I haven't ever seen such desperation in crew-hunting by airlines in Australia (though they hide it for of loss of face), in my 3 decade career BECAUSE of what Toruk mentions above - Airlines so so far behind , don’t care except drive the salary down at all costs.

The stupidity of Australian Airlines (Int/Domestic & Regional) is, that they think they are soooo special and that they have sooo much to offer.
Well it's time to wake up and smell the coffee because no one now, globally is out there to help crew your staff shortages AND now you are meant to have "Fatigue Management Systems" etc you have to deal with-in constraints finally. OUCH! Long time overdue!

Qantaslink searching in Africa? LOL Emirates/Turkish/Qatar dried up that pool of experienced ones in Africa etc years ago, before all the USA majors started huge recruitment's to cover for their massive number of retirements (huge evac from M.E.). You're in a global market of labour resourcing now kids (Airline CEO's) because you failed to invest in your future streams! Reap what you sow because it's going to cost you more now!

The ball is not in your court finally, so show me the money... and we will fix your parked aircraft against the fence, with the return of many & varied highly experienced Aussie operators from overseas to help clear the mire of the current "divide & conquer" managerial (I use that term VERY losely) expertise (that too) who currently see themselves fit to administer aviation companies.
Can I just, by the way - Accountants are accountants... lawyers are lawyers... stay in your qualified jobs and stop transferring to Industries you know nothing about, such as the very unique Aviation Industry! If you think otherwise, you obviously have no clue or any idea of what happened in the past numerous times from those of your ilk.