PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform for disposal
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 06:41
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
What chest size are the great coats? Like rocking horse doo do and actually a demand item imho.

I reckon worth a few Bob to an enthusiast on eBay. Also worth considering keeping the ones as an heirloom for any family, may be worth something g I .Years to come with two rows of medals and any service record.

Just a thought.
The great coats are 42 inch chest. I’m considering retaining one set of No 1s which are up to date with ribbons etc, but my recent diagnosis of advanced (Stage IV) lung cancer (and no, I’ve never smoked) means I’m trying to get my house in order and reduce the enormous amount of stuff I have (and lets not mention the tankards, hip flasks, framed photos, plaques etc that I need to find a home for). It pains me to get rid of this ephemera but there is little point keeping it in trunks, never to see the light of day. And it means nothing to others. And the kids can’t take it; son has just started at university and daughter is still at school.

I’ve also been an avid collector of nautical navigation equipment (compasses, sextants etc) which is proving to be quite collectible by others. We simply do not have the room to keep all my stuff and I want to reduce the burden on others in the future whilst I have the wherewithal to do so.

This is also accounts for those who know me why I’ve not been seen around the MOD or FCO, or on industry meetings for several months. That and I’ve grown a hipster beard 🧔

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 18th Oct 2018 at 06:55.