PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 22:11
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no doubt it is difficult to get a strong return on domestic services when you consider the sheer level of taxes levied. After costs are considered and the taxes there is such a narrow margin on air travel. The trains are going after the same business and they are not taxed remotely in this way.

It is also a bit of an old chestnut to suggest the deal on the embraers is the issue... still... at this stage. They are already disposing of them. Can somebody also tell me how brexit is to blame for the state of affairs, nobody yet knows the full impact of brexit yet. Are there indicators that companies profits are down at this point, am I not correct in saying rusty there are currently positive financial indicators in the UK economy? Time to go down an acmi route, cut the HQ overheads and steal a march on outs like Cityjet and get in there, and bring their best or top 15 routes as bargaining power, just like WX did with EI on LCY route...supporting the network carriers and removing a world of pain for them...

Just my opinions above...