PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform for disposal
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 09:46
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by teeteringhead
Your local Air Cadets/VR(T) or whatever they're called now would be grateful for the "blue" stuff. They only get one initial issue of No 1s, and No 5s are not provided!

The tropical stuff may be trickier - although the 6A is quite rare. I was getting rid of some uniforms for a deceased mate - or rather his widow - and the RAF Museum (Cosford) graetfully took it on!

Just had a thought: if your "Somewhere Sunny" should be Cyprus or Gib, then they have got Air Cadet units so my para 1 may apply. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I'm meeting a mate tonight at the Club who is involved in his local ATC Sqn - I'll ask him. The No 6As are made to measure and jolly fine piece of kit but I doubt it will fit anyone else. Each button was something like £15! Someone has also suggested the local Rep theatre; I might ring the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick, which has (tenuous) RAF connections as it was originally housed in PR trailers, and I'll be up there on the weekend. I also have several bush jackets - arguably the smartest piece of kit - sadly, obsolete.